Where it all starts!

Today I continue to have same sex attraction and strive to find joy and happiness within me everyday. So many of my feelings towards myself are still somewhat of hatred and disgust; often, the only value I really find is through service for other people. Without friends or anyone to serve I would look inside and find nothing really positive. I have now started my journey to communicate with the world that even with these attractions, there is joy and happiness to be found. You have to find it deep inside and ultimately find the truths that work best for you. Do not let what others say impact how you learn to discover truths for yourself. Not your family, friends, or anyone. Listen to the spirit inside of you and be not ashamed that God created you exactly how you were meant to be. Ultimately, YOU MATTER TOO!

There is value to see in myself but it is going to take work and time to build. I need to see these attractions for what they bring into my life in a positive way and find all the things I love about myself. I hope to bring to light these positive pieces about me and not be ashamed to be who I know I am. It’s going to be hard to keep this mindset but I desire to see myself with love in order to further my love towards others around me. This blog is meant to share my journey and my hardships. I wish to inspire hope that life is worth living, NO MATTER WHAT! I will be discussing various topics that are both personal and relevant to my perspective of the world. I want everyone to feel loved and respected for the journey that they take in this life. That there is no shame for walking a different path. Just know there is support out there for you, even though you might not think it; ask and I bet you will be surprised what will come. As always, I cannot express how important it is generally, but especially during hard times in life,to have good counseling in place. You are not weak for going to counseling, in fact it is a great sign of strength that you are willing to make improvements in your life and seek for support networks, both professional and otherwise. That support has been critical for me, as well as reliance upon my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Please see my About Q page, that goes much in detail of my life experience and more in depth of my journey so far.

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this Quinn! I hope that your story can be a beacon of light to let others see that life is *always* worth living.

    As I read this I wanted to tell you that your personal attraction may be a blessing that allows you to understand and empathize with other men more strongly and provide you an avenue to see where they need help.

    Do not let anyone tell you that how you were created is flawed or needs something excised. You are. And that is fine. As we get older we recognize that nothing in this tangible world is binary, everything exists on a spectrum from all one way to all another. Judging others because they don't fit a small sliver of that spectrum is wrong. I can think of three aspects of human sexuality that definitely are multicolored. Attraction (male.......female, all ranges), Drive (asexual......hypersexual, all ranges), and Groupness(??) (Mono-amory......Poly-amory).

    Be you! And be the best you that you can be!

    I hope to meet you in person one day and am proud to have you in my extended family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinn, thank you for being courageous and sharing your experience. I have always thought the world of you since I first met you and I hold you with even more esteem now. I love you and Juliet and want to continue to read your story. You are dearly appreciated by the Wilsons. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

These things I know

Shifting the tide